CD and DVD Technology
These are links to new and newly updated Technology articles.
New Technology Articles
- Articles by Andy Marken
Updated Technology Articles
- VAX-Alpha recording software
- A new update is available for Dósa István's VMS premastering freeware, and the page about it has been reformated and moved to a new location.
— Index to this sub-section
- Essential CD Recording Concepts by Deirdré Straughan
- How to Copy CDs by Deirdré Straughan
- Disc-At-Once by Deirdré Straughan
- Factors in CD Recording by Deirdré Straughan
- HP FAQ
an FAQ about the Hewlett Packard 4020i SureStore recorder, contributed by Greg Volk [Moved to the FAQ section]
- Cyanine vs Phthalocyanine Dyes
Dana Parker on the CD-R dye formula controversy
- A link to the latest version of Andy McFadden's CD-R FAQ is available here.
Original Technology Section
These are links to the original files. Updated articles are in the section above.
- Disc manufacturing
a list of links to articles pertaining to mastering and replicating CDs.
- Glossary of CD and CD-Recordable terminology,
along with links to more glossaries of CD terms.
- Formats and Standards
- Mastering and Mass Replication
an article contributed by Kelly S. Gregory and Andrew A. Blank of Univenture, Inc.